Sunday 14 October 2007

Wildlife photography part I : Danube Delta

Since I was a little boy I loved the wildlife and at a certain moment I was dreaming about doing movies/documentaries...
After many years I finally bought myself a camera and I started making pictures. The images bellow are from my first photo-session taken in Danube Delta, Romania. It's a bird paradise (more then 350 species) and a beautiful place. Unfortunately, even if the area is a reservation, protected by UNESCO, the birds habitat it's affected each day by the human presence (fishing, tourism, agriculture and poaching). Nobody seems to care, not even the ones who should protect this area. As a statistic the number of pelicans decreased with almost 50% in the last 10 years.


Swans

2 comments:

Bogdan I. Stanciu said...

Seems like your Canon 100-400 L worths the money, buddy... I'm green with envy :-)

Mugur Paun said...

Actually this set was done using a 70-300 mm IS, quite a good lens.